Counselling offers a variety of positive benefits which ultimately contribute to your health and well-being. Exploring your thoughts with a professional in a safe, caring and confidential environment gives you the opportunity to organise your thoughts and feelings in a productive way.
Angela possesses over 26 years of clinical experience where she has provided counselling in a range of health care and helping settings. She is genuine and passionate about the empowerment of others and assisting people to reach their full potential in life. Areas of expertise include trauma, sexual violence, grief and loss, vicarious trauma and compassion fatigue management, resilience, workplace well-being, healthy relationships, women’s health, anxiety and depression.
Angela offers a variety of services for individuals, groups and organisations in the government, not-for-profit and corporate sector., with some services covered by Medicare (you only pay the gap), Live Well can help you deal with challenging issues and unlock your life’s full potential.
Angela also offers a range of specialised services to the following organisations, particularly in the area of workplace wellness and resilience building
Angela embraces a range of approaches including but not limited to:
- Narrative Therapy
- Mindfulness and Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT)
- Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT)
- Interpersonal Therapy
- Motivational Interviewing
- And others – depending on the specific needs of individual clients
- Relationship or parenting problems
- Separation and divorce
- Home and work related stress
- Domestic violence
- Rape and sexual assault
- Childhood sexual abuse
- Stress and stress related illness
- Health and sexuality concerns
- Trauma informed care
- Life stage issues and transitions
- Grief and Loss
- Career and Workplace Challenges
- General issues
- Vicarious Trauma, compassion, fatigue and burnout
Coaching will help you:
- Clarify your definition of success
- Define your values, your motivations and resulting behaviours
- Manage challenging life and work transitions
- Inspire passion for your work, study or business
- Create a balanced and well paced life
- Establish and achieve goals in areas of personal growth, health, relationships, career and finances.
- Prioritise your own intentional and active work, career and personal development plans
- Motivate daily action and consistent movement in the direction of goals
As an ICF Accredited Coach, I specialise in the areas of resilience, career and personal development coaching. I am an experienced motivational interviewer who uses a future focused process of inquiry and personal discovery to assist clients in building their own levels of self-awareness and responsibility leading to a speedier achievement of action oriented goals. Based on a collaborative approach, coaching will assist you to ignite your potential as you build on existing skills, identify new strategies and abilities and maximize your strengths to reach new levels of achievement, satisfaction and balance in life.
Book an Appointment with Angela
Angela Powell is available for appointments including Skype appointments.